Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service means depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web server run by a website hosting company. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a peek at them. Thus, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a blog, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by certain providers, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely amiss interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between different bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is good if you want to share a big number of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your mail address accounts. Some providers offer website hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you want to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to use as many video files as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a web site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At ticopaginas, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific web content only.